Content on this page requires a newer version of Adobe Flash Player.

Get Adobe Flash player

   
  You are here : Home/About KMC/Overview
     
  Overview  
 
Kandy Municipal Council was established under Ordinance No.17 of 1865. It's inaugural meeting was held on 20th March 1866. A Panel of Judges was appointed to go into cases where By-laws were violated. Those powers were transferred over to the Municipal Magistrate by Ordinance No.7 of 1887.
 
 
 
  According to the 1866 Budget
 
Total Revenue of the Council was - £ 13,505 - 14 - 6
    Total Expenditure was - £ 10,145 - 4 - 1
   
    1915 - Revenue Rs.195,490.35
    1915 - Expenditure Rs.193,069.49
     
  Municipal Office was started at the present premises in March, 1870. Presently the Council is made up of 24 elected members.
 
 
Latest News
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
       ATD Form
       BOP Application Form
       Gully Form (Within KMC Area)
       Gully Form (Without KMC Area)